JP Tropical Foods Ltd., a subsidiary of Jamaica Producers Group Ltd, is the manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high quality tropical snacks under the St. Mary’s brand. We invite applications for the position of Maintenance Technician for our ISO9001:2015 certified facility in St. Mary.
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the hands on maintenance of production machinery, equipment and facilities.
This includes breakdown maintenance, preventive maintenance, periodic maintenance, predictive maintenance, and corrective maintenance. The ideal candidate must be able to work both independently and as a team.
• Troubleshoot, service and repair all production machinery, plant facilities and equipment
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Oversee the work of maintenance contractors
• Oversee the work of maintenance handymen and support teams
• Liaise with suppliers of maintenance goods and services
• Ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements for health, safety and security relating to maintenance.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
• Diploma in Electrical Technology or HEART Level 3 Certification in Electrical Maintenance
• Knowledge of electronic systems in production machinery
• One year’s work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Hands-on approach to maintenance
• Ability to conduct electrical and mechanical repairs, plumbing and minor building repairs
• Proficient in use of computers Microsoft suite. Desired:
• Working knowledge of refrigeration and air conditioning systems
• Working knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS)
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Put in the subject line of email: “Maintenance Technician”